Monscooch has moved

Go here: www.monscooch.wordpress.com for the new site.

Tuesday 28 August 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

Matt Damon as Jason Bourne (Discus out of shot)

I didn't know this film had prequels?! There I was, minding my own business in the local movie theatre, assuming the film was about a man (played by newcomer Matt Damon) who walks into his boss' office and threatens to quit unless he gets a pay rise. Hilarity ensues.

I'm a huge fan of the series. I read the books years ago but luckily couldn't remember them so the plot twists came as a surprise. Car chases aren't that good in books anyways. "He drives really fast, and looks in his mirror. The man he is chasing is driving ahead of him, equally fast, and takes a left turn. They drive really fast. Car crashes into pavement. Hilarity ensues."

The difference between this kind of action film and something along the lines of Transformers, Spiderman and Die Hard 4.0, is that you actually care about what happens to the people involved. You see people die. In other films, and I'm not pointing fingers here, robots crashing into huge abandoned buildings, the childhood sweetheart being tied up in a giant web or serious traffic jams with no computer.

I'd definitely watch this film again to see the great fight sequences in slow motion when it comes to HD DVD like the two others. This movie was a perfect action movie. It had me on the edge of my seat. It actually had me all over my seat because the seats in the Galway Eye Cinema are so uncomfortable and I suffer from a condition called Arsenumbitis. Oh, and it's much funnier than Transformers.

I apologize that I'm relatively slow at reviewing a new movie and much less articulate than others so I'm sorry for that. If you've seen the movie, then I'd recommend watching the following trailer. Personally, I always try avoiding trailers for movies I know I'll watch anyways because they always reveal all but the last two minutes of the the story and show off the best stunts/ jokes:



Matt Damon's good buddy, Jimmy Kimmel has an alternative version:

No comments: