Monscooch has moved

Go here: www.monscooch.wordpress.com for the new site.

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Nas said it best...



The standard in music days has dropped these days. Specifically in hip-hop or hippity hoppity as it's known in the hood. There are no new rappers to compare to 2Pac, Ice Cube, N.W.A, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Eric B. & Rakim, The Notorious B.I.G. Jay-Z, Eazy-E, Cypress Hill or Slick Rick. Most of them have now either lost it, sold out or died. I have yet to come across a great expert in rap lyrics in the same quality as this straight illin' flow, dawg.

"Take heed, 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town, that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed, This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade, slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast, Other DJs say, "damn"
If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
If there was a problem, Yo - I'll solve it!
Check out the hook while Deshay revolves it."

A classic example of how today's "music" sucks large ass:
-Click here to find a fairly recent song called "Buy you a drank" by someone called T-Pain. The "T" probably stands for Tom. And yes, it really is spelt "drank".

-Click here to find a hilarious interpretation of that song by someone called called Chris.

-Click here to see a version of the song by someone called David Sides who makes it sound good.

I'm off to make trouble for the establishment.

No comments: